Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We're All Scared.

Me & My Father
When I was a kid, whenever confronted with a difficult situation I always ran to my Father feeling scared and helpless, I sat in his lap and watched him and admired him, how brave he is, how fearless he is, how he would've never ran away from anything. I would sit there not minding anything in this scary world, safe and protected in his warm arms.
To the little me, the world seemed like a frightening place, and my Father is the Knight in shining armor. And my childish brain wondered if I'll ever be brave and fearless as he is one day, will I ever be able to stand alone without him by my side every step of the way, the thought of such things agitated me and left me horrified and gave me more reasons to run away to his lap,tuck my head on his chest and sink into unconditional safety.
As I got older I started to realize the big secret every adult tries to hide, and they do it very well.
Have you ever noticed how we adults hide our fear and insecurities behind a nervous smile or shaky legs or some action of that sort, and I realized that we're all scared running around in circles trying to get a grip of this adulthood that was thrown at us, wishing we could return back the clock to build houses of sand.
And I've learned,
There is no shame in being scared;because you're not alone.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

n!ce one basma really it`s wonderfull words :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Anonymous lol :)

292110 said...

"To the little me, the world seemed like a frightening place, and my Father is the Knight in shining armor." -beautiful said!

you're such a great writer! i think if you would write a book i would read it because you write so beautifull!

Unknown said...

Thank you dear Ladinya for the comment, and be sure if I write a book, you'll be the first to read it :)

Ladinya said...

ill keep you to that!

منالَه said...

جميله يا بسمه كلماتك كإياكِ =)

Ammar said...

I hope you will get back with him again soon :)
Nice words my friend :)

Unknown said...

InshAllah, thanks Ammar :)

Anonymous said...

Ya ...
There is no shame in being scared!!
Very nice words Basma. As usual I like ur expressions :) and I'm glad that you found your shelter. Allah ytwl b3mro !

EllCiii said...

Beautiful and true crafted words. Thank you.
Says a lot on the little deprived from his father's arms --and on every father and mother far from their little beloved.